She Pulled Out That Moonshine...Tasted Like An Apple Pie

Currently waiting on one of my best friends to get ready to go to a little gathering at a friends house so I figured what better way to spend my time than doing a post?! I'm bringing a bottle of the Apple Pie Moonshine my roommate and I made about a month or so ago.

Let me tell ya it is really good, and boy does it sneak up on you. A little goes a long way. The great thing about this recipe is that it makes 3 gallons--A LOT. We used old liquor bottles to store ours, rather than Mason jars.


As you can see it made a lot, and all for a relatively good price...about $40 depending on the brand of ingredients you use.

So simple and easy to remember:

1 bottle of 190 proof (750 ml) clear grain alcohol...aka Everclear
1 gallon of Spiced Apple Cider--this was hard to find for some reason but eventually we located it
1 gallon of Apple Juice
1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
1 1/2 cups of regular sugar
Cinnamon Sticks

Put all ingredients--except the alcohol and cinnamon sticks--into a big stock pot (remember this is 3 gallons) and bring to a boil. 
Once boiled remove mixture from heat and let it cool to room temperature--takes a little while. 
When it is cooled add in your alcohol and stir up, then you're ready to poor it in the bottles or jars. We used a funnel we got in the automotive section at Wal*Mart. 
Place a few cinnamon sticks in the bottom of each bottle or jar and store away in a dark cool place for as long as you can...the longer the better.

**Note: I drank so of it about 3 weeks after we made it and it was VERY strong. This has now been sitting a little over a month so I am hoping it is a little mellowed. 

Funny story: While we were shopping for the ingredients I did not read carefully or else my mind just played a trick on me but anyway I thought it said Apple Cider VINEGAR. That was WRONG. We poured in it the pot and immediately knew something wasn't right. Who the hell would drink this?! Needless to say we had to go back to the store...and all was then well.

Recipe courtesy of Tasty Kitchen

Enjoy! It's always a hit. 



1 comment:

  1. I have tried homemade moonshine before. I can tell you I felt the burn for dayyysssss

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...