Taste of Tuesday




I am doing two link ups today, because I like them both. The first one was Texas Tuesday with Princess of the Panhandle and Mason's Mama, so check it out below! This one is Taste of Tuesday with Blissfully Miller and Let's Get Bananas!

When I am in need of quick lunch I usually turn to something like tuna. Well, when I am out of tuna or just tired of it my next favorite quick choice is a chicken salad. So here is how I make my chicken salad. It is different from most but I definitely recommend giving it a try, especially if you like salty over sweet.



Ingredients:

1 can of chicken--shred it or leave it chunked--your call!
Lemon pepper--to your desired flavoring
Dill Relish--again to your desired flavoring, I use a ton because I love pickles!
1 1/2 tbsp of ranch dressing OR sometimes I use the green onion flavored cream cheese--both taste great, usually it depends on what I have handy!

Most of the amounts are strictly eyeing it. It depends on the flavor you want or the amount of chicken you use. I like this version because I rarely have time to cook chicken for lunch, and there is never any left over, so using the canned chicken works great. I have tried this with cooked, cubed chicken and it is equally as good, but I wouldn't say it is better. So cut some corners.

I usually just eat it with some Wheat Thin crackers! Easy as pie. <---I do NOT think pie is easy, by the way. 


1 comment:

  1. I never even thought to use Ranch instead of mayo in chicken salad. What a great idea!!! So glad you linked up with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...