Wherever you go, there you are.

I guess it happens to the best of us. That moment when you just burn out... Between working, moving, a lot of driving, etc, it is just inevitable. Well I hit my limit last week. I started thinking how I could remedy it. Maybe if I go to my Dad's for the weekend, maybe if I move out of my roommates house, maybe if I go on a vacation alone...but then I remembered the saying "wherever you go, there you are". You can run away, but the thing about "problems" is they're usually not location specific.

They will hop on the plane with you and continue to eat at you, only this time you're paying for them to go on a spa trip with you, and that ain't cool. I wish I knew what the remedy was, but I don't think there is one. This too shall pass and I will be back to my old ways.

I'm writing this to maybe hold myself accountable. That is one of my favorite things about this blog. Even on days I don't feel like sending a text, I feel somewhat responsible for what I have created here. Do I feel that every day deserves a post? No. I do feel like they should be frequent though, so extenuating circumstances aside, I want to vow to do a little better.

Sometimes you do just run out of things to say, especially when you have to go to work and function. It makes coming up with anything work related extremely hard on occasion. I will say this: there are some exciting things brewing in my life currently, and I think that may be what is causing my anxiety. The "feeling that things are starting to work out so well that something must come crashing down" effect. Amazing how we let our minds and fears dictate our happiness. Instead of fully embracing the good we waste time fearing the day we lose it. As someone who has experienced a great loss or two, I wish I would have spent more time just enjoying the moments. They fly by in a flash.

Wow, 5 minutes ago I had nothing to say and now all that came out. Y'all are like free therapy for me, and you can't know how much I need to vent on occasion to people who do not know me. (vent=ramble)

I will leave you with a Dave Matthews lyric that sums up my goal after writing this post:

"Celebrate we will, cause life is short but sweet for certain"

4 comments:

  1. Hi Megan! Stopping by from Texas Women Bloggers... I love the name of your blog!

    Xoxo, Brandi
    www.realitiesofbrandi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we’ve all been there!! And more times than once. Praying for all that is going on in your life! Love that Dave Mathews Band Lyric!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...