A Little Bit Gypsy


This mornings post is stolen from my Texas Women Bloggers guest posts. It is something that I really wanted to share with my readers though, because it gives y'all a little insight into my life. Enjoy! Post starts now:

A fun fact about me, that I rarely share is, I live in a 5th wheel camper. Yep, me, my half great dane, and my 500 articles of clothing. Why you may ask? Well, mostly because I move a lot, and after years of packing up apartment after apartment or paying to live in a hotel for a month I just got tired of it. I bought myself a camper and put my home on wheels.






The first night I moved in, I cried. But, after buying a mattress topper, some new bedding, and adding some personal touches I began to love it. It is my little home. So basically, wherever I move, I get to take my house with me. Now is this a long term solution, no. A lot of people in my business live in campers, some of them even do with their spouse and or children. That seems a bit too tight for my taste.

There are a few cons such as you have very little refrigerator space and very little pantry space. Since the campers are designed to only be stayed in for a week or so they do not come with a lot of storage for food, but you make it work. I keep shoes in one of my kitchen cabinets and pots and pans under my couch. You learn to move things around to where it works for you. The bathrooms are another complaint. The showers are pretty small and you're hard pressed to find good water pressure (pun intended). My hair has taken the brunt of this decision. The toilet situation is fine, except when you have to drain your tanks. I won't go into any gory detail but it can be kind of a pain, especially when moving time rolls around and you have to unhook your sewer lines. It humbles you to say the least. Closet space is another issue, again because they're not designed for someone to live in long term. Actually, and this is kind of crazy because I hate laundry, but my biggest gripe would be not having my own washer and dryer. But, like I said, I make it work.

I have to say it is pretty fun once you get it figured out. I just moved it last Thursday. It can be a little stressful, but it only took me from 9 am to 2 pm to get moved--that does not happen in a house. I will leave you with some pictures of my home on wheels or mobile mansion as I like to call her.










Here are a few of the before pictures. As you can see from the pictures above, I did a little to make it feel more like a home.















You can see, once you throw in some decoration and color it actually begins to resemble a home. I am coming up on my 2nd year in it and over all I think it was a great decision. Plus, I like the feeling of no strings attached. I can pick up and move anywhere in the U.S.!  There are some great little RV Parks around this state, and I have been in a few of them. Extra bonus: some come with free wifi and cable and some, like mine now, even pay your electric bill, therefore in these West Texas summers I keep the thermostat way down and never worry about a bill. Talk about a win!


4 comments:

  1. OMG! I love it, the decor really makes it look extra cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too, and I think it's super cool and I'm secretly jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, I love love it all. What a great job you did, I'm your newest. Follower.. Go check me out, found you @ Kandidkristen Kristen!! Love finding new Texas bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job making it look home-y. Found you through Texas Women Bloggers. ~ Pary Moppins

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...