Make-it-Up As You Go

I don't consider myself to be a makeup whiz. I have spent nearly 10+ years experiementing with what works for me.

Primer-does not work--for me. I do not see any change in my pores or in the amount of shine that my oil T-zone gives off. It seems like an unnecessary step for my routine, therefore I have a brand new bottle of Smashbox Primer that will never be used.

Eye-Shadow Primer- I assumed this would be a waste as well but I gave it a try after watching some youtube tutorials--my guilty pleasure. This stuff makes all the difference in the world, for me. My eye shadow goes on much smoother and does not crease--because, as I said, I have oily skin.

This is the one I use.



Eyelash Curler- Do not need this. Again, I speak for me only. My lashes aren't necessarily that naturally curled but I feel that the curled lash look is not really that cute. You lose some length. So I nix this step.

Eyebrow Pencil- I did not use this for years and always HATED my brows. A year ago I went to Ulta and got them waxed at the Benefit counter--if this is an option for you I highly recommend it. They're supposed to do the same brow no matter where you go--the Benefit brow. Anyway, she colored and filled in my brows and it is wild what a difference it made in my face. I recently added another step which is a gel that I put over the coloring. It really makes them stay. I do this even if I don't use ANY other eye makeup. 




Highlighter- I'm half and half here. Sometimes I feel like I come out looking a bit shiny, but I have somewhat figured out how to use it. I'm not sure that anyone notices I have it on, so this makes it a somewhat unnecessary step in a way, but I see it a little so whatever. When I am not in a rush I use it. I also use one under my brow--seriously I have a brow obsession--and this one I use daily. 






Powder- As you know by now, I have oily skin. This is a very neccessary step for me, however, looking back on some very white faced disposable camera photos--it took me a while to get this step down. Today I use one loose powder when I put my makeup on--after foundation and concealer--and then I use a blotting powder during the day on my shiny areas--usually my chin and snout.





I'll let you get back to your days now. I know reading about my makeup trial and errors is enthralling and I wouldn't want you to get too distracted! What are your trial and error finds? Anything useful?




2 comments:

  1. I definitely want to try that eye shadow primer. I've heard some great things about it and I've never used one before so I'm super curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree! The facial primer doesn’t work for me much, but I am a fan of eye shadow primer. I’ve been wanting to try the Benefit primer and now I think I will. I don’t use an eye lash curler either. When I do they only stay like that for a hot minute, and back to being straight.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...