A Beer Drinker's Attempt At Health

I have been struggling for a few months now with finding the time <---weak sauce, I know, to workout and I am going to try to start making that effort now.

I used to have a great routine going:

1 or 2 spin classes a week, 5:30 am sometimes

Body Pump once or twice a week

Yoga once or twice a week

Pilates once a week

I was on a roll. My friend used to joke with me about how motivated I was because even when rocking a hangover I made time to go, and usually didn't regret it. Then I got a nasty cold and was on my ass for a little over a week. That is all to took to get me out of that routine. Sad, isn't it?

So here I sit, planning a spin or Body Pump tonight and wondering what else needs to be done. My eating habits, while not wonderful...are not awful. So what is it? BEER. Yes, beer. I love my beer. I drink 5 or 6 (sometimes more) at least 3 days a week (again, sometimes more). An alcoholic this does not make me, but that is a lot of extra calories adding up.

What do I do? I've tried switching to liquor, i.e. vodka soda, but that just makes me drunk. The moral here is to just get my ass in the gym. Burn off those beer calories, because lawd knows, I ain't gonna stop.

In keeping with my lack of health, I made an awesomely unhealthy Creamy Shrimp Enchilada dish Saturday. Will post the recipe tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. i wish i could. i'd probably feel 10 times better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After EVERY run all I want is a BEER lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so easy to get out of routine, but so hard to get back in. Crazy how that works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drinks of the adult nature are always my weakness too--they make the calories add up a little to quickly!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...