Taste of Tuesday: Creamy Shrimp Enchiladas



Linking with Ashley and Jessica.

I made these Saturday night for my boyfriend (that word is just hard for me to say) and I. Let me tell you, they are downright amazing. Credit for the recipe goes to the website listed on the pictures of the recipe! I, however, found it on this little site that few people know about…called Pinterest. <--- link to the pin if you are unable to read the recipe below! I highly, highly recommend making these. They are easy and amazing. Next time I will probably use just a little less lime juice, as my filling was a tad runny and I may give corn tortillas a shot. I also omitted the cilantro, because I hate it. 

PINTEREST




MY ATTEMPT


Pre chopped my veggies--went back later and chopped them up finer. 


This is THE BEST salsa and green sauce. Hands down.


I also made my own Casa Ole-esq green sauce using the above green sauce, sour cream, garlic powder, and my leftover salsa verde. Caliente!! 


Left over peppers and ranch as a snack.


Chopping shrimp while watching the Texas/OSU game. Not happy with the game or the task of cutting shrimp…ICK!


Shrimp mixture…he ended up eating the remaining mixture with tortilla chips. This was great in itself. 


Sauce--also AMAZING. 



Sprinkled more cheese on top and after about 10 minutes it melted and they were ready to eat!! 

Give it a shot…you won't be disappointed!! 



3 comments:

  1. I've been craving some homemade enchiladas so I need to try these out! My husband loves anything with a creamy sauce so I know this would be a win in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. I love enchiladas. the kind you get in the box and the kind at the mexican restaurant. but never tried em home made. Wait...yea i have. and my dad made em one time and they were so much better home made.

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't made enchiladas in so long and these look great. I love shrimp, so I know this would be a winner in our house. This is my first visit to your blog, and I love it! Your header is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...