Taste of Tuesday: Left Overs




Linking with Ashley and Jessica.



I know there rare plenty of "holiday leftover" recipes out there. I do not claim to have the best one and certainly do not claim to have the most creative and/or difficult. What I have is downright good comfort food.

My recipe is for using left over ham. Personally, I do not care for turkey, so if I have any left over it is for sandwiches. 


Ingredients:
4 good sized new potatoes
1/2 cup of white onion
left over ham (cubed)
1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of green onion
1 tbsp butter

*salt and pepper to taste*

Cube some leftover ham, how ever much you prefer. 
Cut potatoes into round slices and chop both onions.
The amount you use of all ingredients is really your call, and also depends on how many you're feeding. The above recipe feeds 2 with a little left over (I know, irony left overs on left overs, but it is good in a tortilla for breakfast!)

Cook potatoes in a skillet with about 1 tbsp of butter, salt and pepper, and about 1/4 cup of water for steaming. I let them steam until nearly tender and water is evaporated and then add my white onion and let it get soft. When the potatoes and onion are cooked well and are soft I throw in the ham to warm it up and the shredded cheese to melt it and get it gooey. I also at this time kind of crush up the potato rounds into fourths. 

Plate it up and cover with a little more cheese and green onion. At this point I also like to add more salt and pepper and ranch dressing!! So yum and could not be easier!! 

Enjoy! :) 

Ps: I make this even when I don't have left over ham using a ham steak!


2 comments:

  1. So I have to admit that I've never made a recipe with Thanksgiving leftovers. Fail! I normally just eat them the way they were and then after a day I get tired of them. This is the perfect solution! Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have left over ham. I should really try this if i wasnt sick and all.

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...