On a Personal Note

A little while ago I mentioned that I was going to share something personal with y'all. Maybe something that was TMI.

Growing up I was always the girl with big boobs. I got them around 8th grade and they were almost immediately a C cup. Today they're bordering on a D 1/2. I can not find a bathing suit top that works, bras are impossible, and lets not even talk about a strapless bra. I spend most of my days in a sports bra trying to minimize them.

Well, no longer. This Thursday, bright and early, at 7 am I am undergoing a breast reduction. I am terrified. My doctor and I have discussed it and instead of talking in terms of "cup", I am to give him a percentage I want removed, as in 20, 30, 40%, etc. As of now, I am sitting on 20-25%. That doesn't sound like a lot, but at the same time I do want to still have some boob. It would be awful to wind up wanting implants after spending the money on this.

I am really excited though, through my fear. I hope that by the time summer rolls around I will be able to wear tube tops, bandeau bathing suits, etc…

I have caught some flack from friends who think I am crazy. Then again, they have never lived in my body, therefore they are not allowed an opinion. I'm sure my boyfriend is a little less than thrilled for obvious reasons, but I think he understands this will ultimately bring out a more confident version of myself and he is happy about that. My family understands as all of the women in our family have this same problem. I will be the first to do this.

It is a chunk of change, but it will be worth it in the long run…I hope!

I will be busy this week busting my butt to get things done. For the next two weeks I won't be able to lift anything such as laundry baskets. Darn (<---HA!). I am a little bummed at getting out of the great work out schedule I have gotten in lately, but it is what it is. (What an annoying phrase, I know.)

So this was a lot of ramble on I realize, but I wanted to share with y'all what is happening in my life this week. I will be in and out over the week but I will definitely let y'all know how it goes Friday or Saturday depending on how I feel! According to my doc I should recover nicely and be basically up and going the next day. We'll see buddy, we'll see.

Wish me luck!


Ps: I want to thank all of you who comment on my posts. I always reply via email. If you're listed as a "no comment reply" I recommend changing that! I didn't know about it when I first started but it makes it much easier for me to communicate with you! I don't ever want anyone to think I am ignoring your comment. Check this out, it helped me switch over! Talk to y'all soon!

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand! We have a family friend that did this several years back and she swears it was the best thing she's ever done.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...