Taste of Tuesday- Pot Roast


Linking with Blissfully Miller and Let's Get Bananas!


I failed as a blogger in the sense that I did not take any after photos of this phenomenal roast that I made last week. However, I refuse to fail in not sharing it with y'all. Let me preface this by saying, this was my first attempt at making a roast. It could not have gone over better if I had been making them for 20 years.



What I used:

3 lb chuck roast
2 cups of beef stock
1/2 cup of chopped onion--whole ones would have been better, but I improvised
Salt, pepper, and fajita seasoning--covered the entire roast, both sides, generously
2 tbsp of the juice from a jar of pepperocinis (spelling?!)

Also, used a handful of new potatoes and carrots!


I browned the onion in some canola oil, removed most of them, then threw in the carrots and potatoes to brown. Once they were showing some color, remove from the pan. Next I salt, pepper, and fajita seasoned the roast on one side and put that side down in the skillet, while you season the other side. Make sure the pan is uncomfortably hot. Sear it for about 1 minute then flip and repeat. Transfer to the crockpot and put potatoes, carrots, and onions around it. I had to shove it in there but it fit.

Now the juicy (pun intended) part. Using the same skillet pour in the broth and pepperocini juice. Stir violently (my new cooking term) and be sure to scrap the goodies from the roast, onions, etc up off the pan. Get all that good flavor moving around in the sauce. Let it simmer and get just a hair (ew, who talks about hair in food?) thicker then pour it in to the crock pot and put her on high for about 2 hours. I then turned it to low and let it sit for another 6 hours. This was not my original intention. We got held up, and I was a little worried when we got home. However, I opened the pot and took a spoon and fork to it to lift it onto a cutting board and it fell right apart in the crock pot.

The flavor was also perfect. Just a slight, very, very small hint of spice to it from the juice of the pepperocinis and fajita seasoning.

All in all it was perfection!! I stole the pepperocini juice idea from the Pioneer Woman, aka my idol.

My first roast attempt will not be my last.

How do you differ in making roast? It is one of my favorite meals, I would love to hear your ideas!


3 comments:

  1. I've never used fajita seasoning on a roast I will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I made a roast it was a disaster... I need to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I have been wanting to make a pot roast lately!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...